ORGANIZATIONAL AND FISCAL SUPPORT
The Yoakum Hospital Tax District was enacted by the Texas Legislature in 1965, but it was actually created by a vote of district residents in 1988. The Yoakum Hospital District is governed by a seven-member Board of Directors elected by the qualified voters of the District.
Yoakum Hospital District
PO Box 452
Yoakum, TX 77995
Contact Person: Conyetta Gaus Swaney, Attorney
Phone: (361) 293-2652
The current Board of Directors include:
- Linda Schmidt, President – 500 Hwy 77A South, Yoakum, TX 7795
- Elaine G. Albrecht, Vice President – 1618 CR 405, Yoakum, TX 77995
- Clay Hermann, Treasurer & District Representative on Board of Trustees – PO Box 778, Yoakum, TX 77995
- Cynthia Morris, Secretary – PO Box 777, Yoakum, TX 77995
- Harry Sherman, Director – 100 Trinity Street, Yoakum, TX 77995
- Ron White, Director – 511 Kent Street, Yoakum, TX 77995
- Louise Witte, Director – 1069 FM 682, Yoakum, TX 77995
Next election for directors will be May 1, 2021 at City Hall Conference Room, 808 Hwy 77A South, Yoakum, TX, 77995.
Qualifications for Office:
A person may not be elected or appointed as a director unless the person:
- Is a resident of the Yoakum Hospital District;
- Owns property in the Yoakum Hospital District subject to taxation; and
- Is at least 18 years of age at the time of the election or appointment.